Friday, May 20, 2011

Only one month to go...


After Easter break finished, it was back to university and back to studying. I have already had one exam earlier this week, I have two in the coming week and my last one isn't until the 7th of June! The semester goes on so much longer here! But I can't complain about the 3 weeks off at Easter! :)

On the 6th of May, our Hall hosted a May Ball at the Hilton. The Hilton is the tallest building in Manchester and it's gorgeous on the inside. The JCR was responsible for organising the event so I helped with some of the planning and ticket selling. It was supposed to rain, but we got lucky and it was sunny when we were outside and getting ready to leave. There was a red carpet and a spiral staircase to enter the upstairs bar area. We had champagne when we first arrived and a bit of time to chat before we took our seats for dinner. They served tomato soup, chicken with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes, and for afters we had a raspberry cheesecake and coffee. They had red and chilled white wine on the tables. A jazz band played during most of the dinner and later on we had a DJ playing some music and we danced for a while until we were ready to leave. It was a really fun night and a nice break from revision.

Yesterday, some of my friends and I went to Nando's for dinner, which seems to be a popular place to go to eat here, even though it seems a bit overpriced to me. But, they do have nice chips there and spicy 'peri-peri' sauce to dip the chicken and things in. Also, they serve tap water in wine glasses which is kind of fun.

With exams looming, and not too many exciting stories, I will keep this one short. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment